Live via Google Hangouts from a snowy Philly, I did this Q&A first Coworking Asia Unconference.
I really wanted to go to this event in person. I was still considering it as recently as the beginning of January…but nursing with an injury in the beginning of January and a full dance card working on the new version of 30×500 made taking a couple of weeks to adventure to Bali start to seem like an unwise choice.
Thankfully, co-organizer Steve Munroe agreed with my suggestion to do a virtual session via Google Hangouts. Given the time zone shift, my Friday night outpost at Indy Hall transported me to a session titled “Breakfast with Alex” (a perfectly casual title) in one of the most BEAUTIFUL locations I’ve ever seen.
It took a couple of questions before the crowd warmed up – funny, considering the climate – but once they did I got some GREAT questions. I recorded the session and posted the audio below, along with some photos and tweets from the attendees of the session. Pay no attention to the giant head on the screen – look at all of those beautiful coworking people and the Green School venue. Just wow.
Thanks for inviting me to visit – next year I’ll be there in person!
Listen to the Q&A
- My #1 trick to get the most out of ANY unconference.
- How to avoid burnout in your team members. (Note: many coworking space community mangers seem to crash after about a year)
- Why coworking space acquisitions are rare, and consistently fail
- One of my favorite examples of using lessons learned in coworking to create new successful ventures
- What NOT to do when building your community
You can also subscribe to Coworking Weekly in iTunes, or add http://dangerouslyawesome.com to your favorite podcast app and it should auto-detect the feed!
Relive the event vicariously with these tweets and photos
Seriously the coolest venue I’ve ever presented in, virtual or otherwise! Thanks to everyone who helped share the experience.