Do you believe in community elves, culture fairies, or any other mythical creatures of collaboration?
I do believe in these 5 truths:
- True communities & great collaborations start with the foundation of a meaningful relationship, not a transaction.
- Learning is a part of everyday life, and we learn best from each other.
- Either the world happens to you, or you happen to the world. You get to choose which.
- Success, happiness, and love are things that are not achieved but are experienced, and are best experienced with others.
- Do, or do not. There is no try. JFDI.
If you agree with any of these ideas, I'm happy to tell you that you're in the right place.
New? Start here.
These are my most popular and most valuable pieces, to help you get started.
And you'll find fun further reading links in each of these articles.
My latest posts about coworking & community building
- There’s never only one community
- The Neighborhood Watch Method for Coworking Space Security
- Behind the scenes of a front-page Biz Journal interview, “Coworking: Any old space won’t do”
- “How I turned an empty coworking space into a coworking community”
- Do’s and Dont’s for photos of coworking.
- Don’t forget what it’s like to be a community member
- Libraries as Hubs of Self-Organizing Communities
Think you know what you’re looking for?
If you can't find what you're looking for by searching, don't give up!
Shoot me a message on Twitter, I might be able to point you to a post about the thing you're looking for.