- I took an 8 week wine course with Patterson. Learned to do a blind tasting.
- Hired a personal trainer.
- Patterson and I moved into a new house. We live together now, along with longtime friend/housemate Kara and new housemate Will. It’s awesome.
- I went to Bali for The Coworking Unconference Asia2016. Met tons of awesome people. Taught a workshop. Gave a keynote about what coworking can learn from the wine industry.
- Signed a lease for Indy Hall. We move this summer. Very happy that we are staying in Old City.
- Announced a conference of our own, the People at Work Summit. Worked with Adam and Sam to create an online conference that, to our knowledge, breaks the mold for both online AND offline events.
- Relaunched the Coworking Weekly Show, added a producer to the team.
- Relaunched the Stacking the Bricks show with Amy.
- Brought a bunch of new students into 30×500 Academy.
- Helped a bunch of 30×500 Academy students kick ass.
- Renovated Patterson’s house to get it ready for renters. (Anyone looking for a huge, beautiful 3 bedroom in Roxborough? Hit me up.)
- Helped start a secret experimental new kind of event once a month at the new house – back to our roots.
- Recorded a 13 chapter “reverse-audiobook” with my right hand man, Adam Teterus.
- Launched and sold out BaconBizConf with Amy and Thomas.
- Amy and I hired help for the 30×500/UnicornFree/Stackingthebricks/JFS/Stacking the Bricks universe.
- Mapped out our 2016 gameplan for brining everything under the Stacking the Bricks banner. This summer, we execute.
- Went on a road trip with Patterson and another friend: Bourbon Trail in Lousiville, wedding in Little Rock Arkansas, sweet tunes and hot chicken in Nashville.
- Wrote a bunch. Not as much as I want to though.
- Coached our People at Work Summit speakers to help them be even more awesome.
- Lost 30 lbs.
- And today, over 100 people from around the world are joining the People at Work Summit.
Whatever you do, don't build your coworking community alone.
Join the 3000+ community builders who get my newest posts, lessons, stories, and tips like "How to fund your coworking space" and "Why I hate the title Community Manager"