Avoid the #1 mistake in building a coworking community:
doing it alone
Hey, are you new here?
These are my most popular and most valuable pieces, to help you get started.
Hi, I’m Alex.
I build communities, started one of the longest running coworking communities in the world, write a crapload of words every day, tweet a little too much, coach people to be the best version of themselves possible, can’t stop learning new things, and do my very best not to take myself too seriously.
I have just one goal:
To fill the world with truly excellent collaborators so we can all work together, better.
Because let’s be honest…most of us aren’t very good at working with others.
I’ve gotten better at collaboration myself by living by these three rules:
- True communities & great collaborations start with the foundation of a meaningful relationship, not a transaction.
- Learning is a part of everyday life, and we learn best from each other.
- Do, or do not. There is no try. JFDI.
My latest posts about coworking & community building
- Notes from the Future of Indy Hall Town Hall (Part 1)
- 6 conversations I’ve had about the future of Indy Hall
- What does the future of Indy Hall look like?
- How coworking can work for more people than you ever thought
- What I learned about culture and leadership from working at Refinery
- How to get the best insurance for your coworking space
- How Tummling created one of the biggest Kickstarter successes in history
- EP11 – Thriving, the psychology of belonging, and what makes a sense of community
There’s a lot more where that came from!
Choose from 600+ other articles now »
Know what you’re looking for?
If you can’t find what you’re looking for by searching, don’t give up! Shoot me a message on Twitter, I might be able to point you to a post about the thing you’re looking for.